[0/3] cgroup namespace update

Kamal Mostafa kamal at canonical.com
Thu May 19 15:38:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 08:43:26PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Hi.  During xenial cycle we applied a patch (and a followon fix for criu)
> to fix a usability problem with cgroup namespaces and /proc/self/mountinfo.
> Since then, the approach to fix it upstream has changed.  Following are
> reverts for the two patches, plus the new patch cherrypicked from the
> official cgroup for-4.6 tree.
>
> Impact:
> One or the other of these patchsets suffices for docker in lxd to work.
> The patchset being reverted required a docker patch, the new one does
> not.  Docker cannot work inside lxd with neither patchset.
>

> thanks,
> -serge

Hi Serge-

We'll need a Launchpad bug for this SRU.  Please file one, and let me
know the bug number.  These 5 patches will be applied:

    Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: cgroup mount: ignore nsroot="

    Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: (noup) cgroup namespaces: add a 'nsroot='
		mountinfo field"

    4f41fc5 cgroup, kernfs: make mountinfo show properly scoped path for
		cgroup namespaces

    3cc9b23 kernfs: kernfs_sop_show_path: don't return 0 after seq_dentry call

    09be4c8 cgroup: fix compile warning

 -Kamal