[BUG] backport commit ebeec2ef4c in ubuntu-vivid.git break cephfs

Kamal Mostafa kamal at canonical.com
Thu Mar 31 14:39:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:06:42PM +0800, Yan, Zheng wrote:
> ubuntu-vivid git tree includes commit ebeec2ef4c (ceph: fix message
> length computation), but does not contain backport for upstream commit
> 1f041a89b4 (ceph: fix request time stamp encoding). This breaks cephfs
> kernel driver completely. Please add the later commit to your git
> tree.
>
> Regards
> Yan, Zheng

Hi Yan-

Thanks for letting us know about this.  If that patch is required for
all trees that carry a backport of 777d738 (ceph: fix message length
computation), then we'll need to apply 1f041a89b4 to:

  3.19.y-ckt (stable)
  3.16.y-ckt (stable)
  ubuntu-vivid
  ubuntu-utopic

For our reference, can you point me to a bug report or email thread
which discusses the breakage?

 -Kamal