constant kernel version in xenial

Raiman, Timor timor.raiman at intel.com
Tue Jun 28 09:26:47 UTC 2016

Hello,
We need to configure a pool of machines to use the exact same kernel version.
We found that some kernels appear in the Ubuntu repositories and then are removed when a newer package is available (eg, 4.4.0.24.25 is not available since 4.4.0.28.30 was uploaded).

Can we rely on certain kernel versions to remain available in the repositories for a significant length of time?

For example, I see that 4.4.0.21.22 has been available for a while (18 Apr 2016)

Thanks!

Intel Israel (74) Limited