help getting ootb surface pro 3 working for xenial kernal

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Sat Feb 6 20:36:00 UTC 2016

I've recently purchased a surface pro 3 and in testing xenial on it the
kernel is close to working. One issue I'm getting is the multi-touch
support on the touchpad.

I've found and added my input/re-confirmed this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1504618

I wanted to see what I can do to help with this so that xenial support will
work. Should I go back and try an upstream kernel as the other person was
asked? Or at this point is this tweaking the 4.3 in the current repos?

Thanks.