Ubuntu kernel 4.7 and 4.8 on ppc64el: Cross compilation issue

Breno Leitao brenohl at br.ibm.com
Mon Aug 29 17:06:38 UTC 2016

Hello Marcelo,

On 08/29/2016 08:55 AM, Marcelo Cerri wrote:
> I came across the same issue when using systemtap (that uses fixdep)
> with a cross compiled xenial kernel.
>
> I will try something similar to the solution used in this bug and I will
> let you know if I have any success:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap4/+bug/666267

Thanks!

Other than that, I found that the kernels in the PPA does not have some
module drivers. As for example, I am looking for the vfio drivers, that is
generated by CONFIG_VFIO=m

These drivers are usually generated by linux-image-extra, and this image
seems not to be available in the mainline build (kernel-ppa)[1]. How do I
install these extra modules if I am using a mainline kernel?

Thank you,
Breno

[1] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/