Ubuntu kernel 4.7 and 4.8 on ppc64el: Cross compilation issue

Breno Leitao brenohl at br.ibm.com
Thu Aug 25 17:28:15 UTC 2016

Hello Andy,

On 08/25/2016 02:06 PM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> Other than for building out of tree modules this should have no
> noticible effect.
>
> Do you have a use case that is hitting these or is it just something you
> noticed?

Correct. The kernel boots and works fine, but it fails when we try to build
other modules.

Yes, we try to build different modules on top of Ubuntu kernel, mainly for
Mellanox adapters. In fact, we do support and test Mellanox devices using the
MOFED stack, so, being able to compile OOT modules is key for us.