Meta-package naming for Xenial LTS backports

Lee Trager lee.trager at canonical.com
Tue Aug 23 19:07:58 UTC 2016

The way it is now its hwe-<letter> for 12.04-15.10 and hwe-<version> for
16.04 and above.

So looking at http://paste.ubuntu.com/23080558/

Precise has hwe-p, hwe-q, hwe-r, hwe-s, hwe-t
Trusty has hwe-t, hwe-u, hwe-v, hwe-w, hwe-16.04, hwe-16.04-lowatency.
Xenial has hwe-16.04, hwe-16.04-lowlatency.
Yakkety has hwe-16.10, hwe-16.10-lowlatency

Pending release Trusty, Xenial, and Yakkety will also have hwe-16.04-edge,
hwe-16.04-lowlatency-edge, hwe-rolling, hwe-rolling-edge,
hwe-rolling-lowlatency, hwe-rolling-lowlatency-edge.

In the UI each kernel is displayed as <release (<kernel>) e.g "Xenial
(hwe-16.04-lowlatency)" or "Trusty (hwe-t)."