Kernel development for Yakkety

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Tue Apr 26 19:25:28 UTC 2016

I've been working on getting some semblance of a Yakkety kernel working.
You can follow along by watching
'git://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux/+git/unstable
master'. Beware, some days this branch gets massively rebased as often
as several times in an hour (especially on Mondays when the rc's are
released).

There are currently PIE related toolchain issues in Yakkety, so I've
continued to build using the Xenial toolchain.

The initial rebase from Xenial had some patch fallout:

Seth - Could you have a look at these patches. I assume they are still
necessary.

UBUNTU: SAUCE: ext4: Add support for unprivileged mounts from user
namespaces
UBUNTU: SAUCE: ext4: Add module parameter to enable user namespace mounts

You should also have a look at this backport to ensure that I did it
correctly:

UBUNTU: SAUCE: cgroup: Use a new super block when mounting in a cgroup
namespace

Dann - arm EFI has been completely re-factored. This patch (though
relatively simple) may no longer be necessary:

UBUNTU: SAUCE: (noup) efi: ARM/arm64: ignore DT memory nodes instead of
removing them

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com