LP#1571156: vbox: resync with 5.0.18-dfsg-2build1 V2

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Fri Apr 22 16:23:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 05:07:58PM +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> We have had a major update to virtualbox, update the kernel components
> to match.  Pull request below.  This is fairly substantial looking but
> I am assured by our upstream we need it.
>
> Proposing for SRU to xenial.

This represents a resync of the internal copies of the vbox guest drivers
to match the xenial-release pocket version of virtualbox.  The changes
are as below.  The bits here have already been accepted for application
to the package by the release team, we are mearly syncing to that
version.  We could not do this before release as there was not time to
rebuild the kernel.

-apw

    virtualbox (5.0.18-dfsg-2build1) xenial; urgency=high

      * d/p/fix-guest-failure.patch
	- fix guest issue causing writes to the disk to fail.
	(lowering the version, to avoid a sync from unstable)

     -- Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg at debian.org>  Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:04:27 +0200

    virtualbox (5.0.18-dfsg-2) unstable; urgency=medium

      [ Adam Conrad ]
      * Add MODULE_VERSION to the vboxvideo driver, so DKMS can find it.

     -- Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg at debian.org>  Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:45:36 +0200

    virtualbox (5.0.18-dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium

      * New upstream release.
	- drop fix-grapphics.patch: upstream
      * Fix insecure VCS fields.
      * Upload to unstable.

     -- Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg at debian.org>  Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:20:22 +0200

    virtualbox (5.0.16-dfsg-3) experimental; urgency=low

      * Build without xorg legacy with the backport of 5.0.17
	code (revision 106564)
      * Bump std-version to 3.9.8, no changes required.
      * Add vbox-img (LP: #1558521).
	- thanks sworddragon for the bug report!

     -- Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg at debian.org>  Tue, 08 Mar 2016 12:53:39 +0100