Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2015-09-22

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Sep 22 17:08:17 UTC 2015

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/09/22/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt | IRC Log
of the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam | Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 22 Sep, 2015 |
20150922 Meeting Agenda]]

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/reports/kt-meeting.txt

 Our Wily kernel has been rebased to stable v4.2.1 and uploaded to
 wily-proposed, ie 4.2.0-11.13.  We will continue to track 4.2 for
 the remainder of the 15.10 cycle.  As a reminder, we are approaching
 Wily Kernel Freeze on Oct 8, ~2 weeks away.  If there are any patches
 which need to land for 15.10, please get them submitted soon.  Following
 the Kernel Freeze deadline, all patches are subject to our SRU policy.
 -----
 Important upcoming dates:
     * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WilyWerewolf/ReleaseSchedule
 Thurs Oct  8 - Kernel Freeze (~2 weeks away)
 Thurs Oct 15 - Final Freeze (~3 weeks away)
 Thurs Oct 22 - 15.10 Release (~4 weeks away)

===  Status: CVE's ===
 The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link:
     * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-cves.html

Precise/Trusty/lts-utopic/Vivid  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today:
   *     Precise - Verification & Testing
   *      Trusty - Verification & Testing
   *  lts-Utopic - Verification & Testing
   *      Vivid  - Verification & Testing

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/sru/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/sru/sru-report.html

 Schedule:

 cycle: 04-Sep through 26-Sep
          04-Sep   Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
 06-Sep - 12-Sep   Kernel prep week.
 13-Sep - 19-Sep   Bug verification & Regression testing.
 20-Sep - 26-Sep   Regression testing & Release to -updates.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussion.