linux-firmware

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Tue Oct 13 14:15:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 08:16:54AM -0500, Seth Forshee wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 08:40:23AM +0200, netbit73 at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can you add 15.unicode for iwlwifi dirvers, they are here:
> > https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi
>
> Questions like this need to be sent to kernel-team at list.ubuntu.com.
> Please either resend your inquiry there, or with your permission I'll
> reply and Cc the mailing list.

Oops, I accidentally did Cc the list, so I guess I'll go ahead and
respond.

We normally pull these files from the upstream linux-firmware
repository. It looks like Intel has queued -15 firmware up but hasn't
sent any pull request that I could find yet.

Since we're close to release for 15.10 you'll need to file a bug in
launchpad to include this firmware. If the new firmware fixes a serious
problem I can probably update linux-firmware before we release,
otherwise it will need to wait until after release.

Thanks,
Seth