LP#1503655 -- fix bad backports of CVE-2015-7312

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Wed Oct 7 13:42:13 UTC 2015

Following this email are updated forward ports for CVE-2015-7312.
The errors they fix are all in porting my porting, Ben is innocent.
These are causing some rather spectacular crashes with pulseaudio amongst
others.  Quite how it passed touch testing is a mystery.  Yay for ADT
testing throwing this out.

Following this email are patch kits for T lts-U and V, W is already
applied and tested.  The practicle upshot of the two patches should
be to correct the parameters to the get_file()/fput() pairs.  I have
opted for reverting and reapplying as the original is not my authorship.
Any existing Acks are from the original patches.

Please assume I am as dumb as a bag of hammers and check what I am doing.
/me takes an oversize dunces cap and dons it.

-apw