lts-backport-vivid and lts-backport-wily branches broken in ubuntu-trusty repo?

Brian Daniels bdaniels at corsa.com
Mon Nov 23 18:57:51 UTC 2015

As far as missing patches, I think everything is fine. There wasn't a
specific patch missing but that was the conclusion I came to when I saw
that the source was different. Because of the missing tags I tried
recreating the tag from the lts-backport-wily branch (using 3e980f72) but
it is clear to me now that it has been rebased onto 4.2.0-19.23 so it makes
sense that the source doesn't match.

I tried reproducing your steps to confirm things on my side and I ran into
a problem when trying to branch from a tag. The Ubuntu-lts-4.2.0-18.22_14.04.1
tag is not in the git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-trusty.git. None of
the Ubuntu-lts-4.2.0 or Ubuntu-lts-3.19.0 tags are in the repository. Where
are these tags being pushed?

Cheers,

Brian