[3.16.y-ckt stable] Patch "security: fix typo in security_task_prctl" has been added to staging queue

Andy Lutomirski luto at amacapital.net
Thu Nov 12 17:33:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Luis Henriques
<luis.henriques at canonical.com> wrote:
> This is a note to let you know that I have just added a patch titled
>
>     security: fix typo in security_task_prctl
>
> to the linux-3.16.y-queue branch of the 3.16.y-ckt extended stable tree
> which can be found at:
>
>     http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/linux.git/log/?h=linux-3.16.y-queue
>
> This patch is scheduled to be released in version 3.16.7-ckt20.

FWIW, this patch fixes a bug in ambient capabilities, which are new in
4.3.  I'm not aware of any other observable effect of this patch at
all, so as far as I know, it doesn't fix an actual bug in older
kernels.

It's Obviously Correct (TM), but it could be safely omitted from these trees.

--Andy