[SRU trusty/linux-lts-utopic trusty/linux-lts-vivid] LP#1405807: use the correct common tools packages V2

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Wed May 20 10:21:35 UTC 2015

We are meant to share the linux-tools-common and linux-cloud-tools-common
packages between _all_ kernels on a release.  This is because we can have
only one of each of these packages installed regardless of the combination
of native and HWE kernels we are using, because the common package provides
the version specific binary selectors.

Currently linux-lts-utopic and linux-lts-vivid are incorrectly producing
their own common packages which collide with and remove the other
linux*tools-common packages.  This actually prevents any cloud daemons
from being started.  Switch linux-lts-utopic and linux-lts-vivid tools
packages to correctly depend on the common versions and stop producing
the partially populated linux-lts-* versions.  This brings them into line
with linux-lts-trusty in precise.  Finally add breaks/conflicts
information to linux on trusty to ensure upgrades to these new versions
occur cleanly.

Following this email are three patches one each for linux-lts-utopic and
linux-lts-vivid fixing their packages, and a third for linux which sorts
out upgrades.

Proposing for SRU to trusty.  These must all be released together for
sanity to prevail.

-apw