[ANNOUNCE] Linux 3.19.y-ckt extended stable support

Kamal Mostafa kamal at canonical.com
Wed May 13 16:53:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 06:31 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> This is the LAST 3.19.x kernel release, [...]

Canonical's kernel team will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH
left off with v3.19.8 (thanks, Greg!)...

Canonical's Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be
providing extended stable support for the Linux 3.19 kernel until July
2016 as a third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-3.19.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from v3.19.8
and will be published here:

    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/linux.git

    git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules.  More details are available at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort.  The first
review cycle patch set (for "v3.19.8-ckt1") will be posted in a week or
two.

 -Kamal Mostafa
  Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.