Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2015-03-24

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 17:54:37 UTC 2015

I must confess I had hoped ubuntu would adopt fq_codel as the default
qdisc in this go-around. It is still not quite part of fedora´s
default either, but is now in arch, (and nearly everyone else
downstream from systemd), and has long been the default in openwrt,
and at this point, just requires a single sysctl to enable.

It certainly could use more widespread testing, perhaps in the next release?

d at nuc-client:~$ cat /etc/sysctl.d/10-bufferbloat.conf
net.core.default_qdisc=fq_codel