[Trusty/Utopic SRU] Avoid "rides the rocket" and dropped packages

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Tue Jan 20 16:38:46 UTC 2015

Theoretically this should just be a reminder and things should come
via stable. I am just not sure when and whether we rather want it
done before that.

Previously there was only the first patch but then it was realized that
it caused a regression. So the second patch was done.
Both are now in our 3.18 and are in 3.19 upstream. Just network patches
are hard to predict getting into stable and some people start to get a
little edgy to get it fixed in Trusty at least.

Note same patches can be applied to Trusty and Utopic but need a little
"fuzz" accepted in Trusty.

-Stefan