Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2015-02-10

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Feb 10 17:08:58 UTC 2015

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/02/10/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 10 Feb, 2015|20150210
Meeting Agenda]]

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

 Our Vivid kernel has been rebased to v3.18.5 upstream stable.  It's
 been uploaded to the archive, 3.18.0-13.14.  Please test and let us
 know your results.
 We would like to push the v3.19 based kernel we have up to the archive
 soon.  We are just cleaning up some DKMS drivers before we do so.  For
anyone interested in getting an early preview, we have a v3.19 based
 kernel available for testing in our ckt PPA.
 -----
 Important upcoming dates:
 Thurs Feb 19 - 14.04.2 Point Release (~1 week away, yes this was
 delayed)
 Thurs Feb 26 - Beta 1 Freeze (~2 weeks away)
 Thurs Mar 26 - Fina l Beta (~6 weeks away)
 Thurs Apr 09 - Kernel Freeze (~8 weeks away)

===  Status: CVE's ===
 The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link:
 http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html

Utopic/Trusty/Precise/Lucid  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today:
   *   Lucid - Kernel Prep Week
   * Precise - Kernel Prep Week
   *  Trusty - Kernel Prep Week
   *  Utopic - Kernel Prep Week

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/sru/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/sru/sru-report.html

 Schedule:

 Current cycle had ended. Waiting for next cycle to start on Feb. 08.
 cycle: 06-Feb through 28-Feb
          06-Feb   Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
 08-Feb - 14-Feb   Kernel prep week.
 15-Feb - 28-Feb   Bug verification; Regression testing; Release

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussion.