download kernel code of specified version of kernel

SURESH D.NAIK sureshd.naik at yahoo.in
Thu Feb 5 05:38:45 UTC 2015

Dear Kernel Team,
       Recently I have downloaded the kernel code through Ubuntu terminal by using $sudo apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r) command and I have added a system call to it and compiled, everything was fine but when I was install the kernel in my currently working Ubuntu machine it was telling me that some ckt package or something that I could not remember properly was missing and that kernel was not installed. After a long I came to know that I have to download the Ubuntu's modified kernel version for my machine and stated trying to download but I could not download the kernel version from any of the links, so can you please provide me a link from where I can actually download the required kernel verion( source code ) of Ubuntu kernel( not the whole Ubuntu source code ) code or is there any other way that I can download the ckt3 or ckt4 patch and can install it.

Thanks and regardsSuresh Naik

 What you do reflects the same :)