NAK: [PULL Wily] drm/i915: Add workarounds for SKL

Jason Gerard DeRose jason at system76.com
Thu Aug 20 20:28:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Tim Gardner
<tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 08/20/2015 01:06 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not too keen on the content of these commit messages. All say
>>> "cherry picked", but I'm not finding any of them in Linus'
>>> repository.
>>
>> That's because Linus' tree still has only 4.2, these are from
>> drm-intel-next.
>>
>> If you prefer waiting once 4.3-rc1 is released that's fine. Or I can
>> send another pull request with SAUCE and "backported from.." on the
>> commits.
>>

> I would prefer waiting until they have been merged upstream.

For what it's worth, there are huge Skylake GPU regressions currently in
Wily compared to Vivid and Trusty (with Vivid HWE).  Bad enough that
it's almost impossible to test desktop Wily on Skylake hardware as Unity
is basically unusable.

At a glance, these patches might be the needed fixes, and if they are,
from my perspective it would be nice to have them merged into Wily
sooner rather than later just for testing purposes.

Which doesn't mean merging them now is the right thing to do, of course.
Just my two cents :D