NAK: [Utopic][Pull] pci support for arm64

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Fri Sep 26 13:20:57 UTC 2014

On 09/25/2014 02:17 PM, Dann Frazier wrote:
> I've prepared a backport of the patches from linux-next to enable PCI on arm64:
>     git://kernel.ubuntu.com/dannf/ubuntu-utopic-hyperscale.git arm64-pci
>
> I've successfully tested this with the latest xgene-pcie driver
> submission and verified that a plug-in NIC card works.
>
> Though this pull request doesn't enable any hardware by itself, my
> goal is to get it merged now since it touches core code and find any
> regressions before the upcoming freeze. Once this is in, the changes
> needed to add PCI support for a new platform should be much more
> localized.

I am deeply uncomfortable with the breadth and depth of this patch set.
This is 3.18 merge window stuff and is guaranteed to have bugs and
regressions. Serious upstream testing by the broader community won't
really get started until 3.18-rc1. I'm pretty sure I don't want to
subject my nicely stabilizing kernel to the carnage that this patch set
may wreak.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com