Manta: UBUNTU: SAUCE: (no-up) apparmor: Sync to apparmor3 - RC1 snapshot

Tyler Hicks tyhicks at canonical.com
Sat Sep 20 00:33:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-19 14:32:21, Tyler Hicks wrote:
> On 2014-09-19 11:20:11, Tim Gardner wrote:
> > On 09/19/2014 11:18 AM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> > > Tyler - perhaps you ought to have a look at Mako. I'm getting some
> > > compile errors whenever I apply the apparmor sync. You'll likely
> > > recognize them right away.
>
> Yeah, it looks like one of the backport patches is causing problems.
> I'm looking at it now. Thanks!

Turns out that manta is a little different than the other kernels in
terms of seccomp so one of the AppArmor backport patches needed to be
dropped for manta.

I prepared and built a test kernel and John did some light testing to
make sure things were working as expected on Manta. I'll send a pull
request to the list shortly.

Note that the diff stat for this pull request will be much larger than
the others. It is because you already applied the AppArmor revert
patches to the manta tree. The change in diff stat surprised me so I
thought I'd mention it.

Tyler