Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2014-11-18

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Nov 18 17:20:05 UTC 2014

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/11/18/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 18 Nov, 2014|20141118
Meeting Agenda]]

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

 The master-next branch of our Vivid kernel has been rebased to the
 v3.18-rc5 upstream kernel.  We have still withheld uploading to
 the archive until we've progressed to a later -rc candidate.
 -----
 Important upcoming dates:
 Thurs Dec 18 - Vivid Alpha 1 (~4 weeks away)
 Thurs Jan 22 - Vivid Alpha 2 (~9 weeks away)

===  Status: CVE's ===
 The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link:
 http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html

Utopic/Trusty/Precise/Lucid  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today (18-Nov):
   *   Lucid - Verification & Testing
   * Precise - Verification & Testing
   *  Trusty - Verification & Testing
   *  Utopic - Verification & Testing

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/sru/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://kernel.ubuntu.com/sru/sru-report.html

 Schedule:

 cycle: 31-Oct through 22-Nov
          31-Oct   Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
 02-Nov - 08-Nov   Kernel prep week.
 09-Nov - 15-Nov   Bug verification & Regression testing.
 16-Nov - 22-Nov   Regression testing & Release to -updates.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussions.