[Acked w/ conditions] [Saucy][Trusty SRU] hp-wireless: handle new wireless hotkey button

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Tue May 20 09:19:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 03:18:29PM +0800, Alex Hung wrote:
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact:
>   With the introduction of _OSI("Windows 2012") = true in Linux kernel, BIOS
>   changes its behaviours for wireless hotkey. As a result, the original
>   implementation in hp-wmi no longer works.
>
> Fix:
>   BIOS declares a new ACPI device for the wireless hotkey and a new kernel
>   module is created to handle its event generated by pressing the hotkey.
>
>   The patches are included in upstream and are cherry-picked from Linus's repo.
>
> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1303737

These are both upstream cherry-picks, representing a wholy new and
separate driver.  It appears to autoload appropriatly so ought to have
very low regression potential outside of the HP product line.

I would say that the bug shows only testing of this against a mainline
kernel, there is not any documentation for testing of these specific
cherry-picks back to saucy or trusty, has this actually been tested at
all against our kernels?  If this has been tested somewhere, could you
document that in the bug.

With testing documentation in place:

Acked-by: Andy Whitcroft <apw at canonical.com>

-apw