[3.13.y.z] Suggested cherry-pick to fix Xen PV clashing with NUMA hinting

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Fri May 9 02:42:07 UTC 2014

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1313450

PV Xen guests still/again suffer from unfortunate overload of PTE flags. A first
attempt to fix this has been reverted since it broke migration.
Upstream I found that the following patch seems to address this. It is tagged
for stable and comments in the bug report say a mainline kernel that would
include this appears to fix the problem. Since it is claimed to be stable
material anyway I was a bit lazy and did not do an individual test kernel. Maybe
its in some queue already anyway.

commit 29c7787075c92ca8af353acd5301481e6f37082f
Author: Mel Gorman <mgorman at suse.de>
    mm: use paravirt friendly ops for NUMA hinting ptes

If it gets picked for 3.13, we could probably add a bug link for above bug...

-Stefan