[RFC][TRUSTY] X-Gene platform support

Ming Lei ming.lei at canonical.com
Thu Mar 13 16:07:07 UTC 2014

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 03/11/2014 12:15 PM, Dann Frazier wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>   I've assembled a git tree with support for the X-Gene platform:
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/dannf/trusty-xgene.git for-ubuntu-20140310
>>
>> The PCI changes in the above are fairly significant and still under
>> upstream review. I've therefore provided a separate branch with these
>> changes backed out and replaced with an earlier version of the host
>> controller driver, with fewer dependencies:
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/dannf/trusty-xgene.git for-ubuntu-20140310-oldpci
>>

> Ugh! Even with the PCI reverts there are some questionable patches wrt to
> maintenance and stability.
>
> I could _probably_ accept the ahci_platform patches since they are already
> in linux-next and will likely make it into 3.15 (though I'll remind you that
> I _really_ like to just cherry-pick the final patch from Linus' repo). Are
> the "Library-ise" patches necessary ?

Yes, the latest ahci-xgene patches depends on the library-ise patches
too, and the 'library-ise' patches have been in -next tree already.

> My knee jerk reaction is a NAK to all of the KVM patches. They appear to be
> a work in progress and likely won't even make the 3.15 merge window.

Without these KVM patches, qemu can't boot a kernel on APM
mustang, also I just found these patches have been merged
to -next tree already, see below:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/log/?id=refs%2Ftags%2Fnext-20140312&qt=author&q=Marc+Zyngier+

So they should land 3.15 if everything is OK.

Thanks,
--
Ming Lei