APPLIED: [PULL] x-gene drivers for utopic

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Jun 12 18:47:59 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 03:03 PM, Dann Frazier wrote:
> hey,
>  This would pull in the rtc driver and a serial h/w flow control patch
> that are clean cherry picks from upstream that have already gone into
> trusty. It also adds still-in-review versions of the reboot and
> ethernet drivers:
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/dannf/ubuntu-utopic-hyperscale.git for-ubuntu-20140611
>
> We'd like to get the in-review drivers merged now (vs. waiting until
> the sooner of upstream acceptance or kernel freeze) to make it easier
> for us and friends @ Linaro to test other aspects of the utopic kernel
> tree on arm64. We'll continue to track the upstream progress and
> submit revert-old/add-new patches to swap out for newer versions as
> they improve based on upstream feedback until they're accepted, or
> we're too close to release for your comfort.
>
> Note: there's also an upstream regression affecting the sata
> controller that Ming is working, which we'll need to address before
> we're back to trusty-level-functionality:
>   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/1939038

I made some minor changes such as 'git cherry-pick -x' for those patches
that are upstream, and changed the rest to be prefixed with 'UBUNTU:
SAUCE:' so I can keep track of what we're carrying as cruft.

I don't see any of these SAUCE patches in linux-next. Is APM still
working to get them upstreamed ?

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com