TPM: enabling the tpm as builtin in trusty

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Wed Jan 15 14:03:46 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 01:04 PM, Mimi Zohar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for enabling IMA/IMA-appraisal!  Enabling IMA requires the
> TPM, if enabled, to be builtin.  I'm curious if this will be the first
> release with the TPM being builtin?
>
> thanks,
>
> Mimi

Mimi - Ubuntu has not had IMA enabled in any kernel to date (except for
Trusty 3.13) because of the runtime overhead imposed by this config
option. Recent development has improved that situation considerably. The
Trusty kernel now has the following TPM config options on all arches
that support the driver:

CONFIG_HW_RANDOM_TPM=m
CONFIG_TCG_IBMVTPM=y
CONFIG_TCG_TPM=y