linux-goldfish - 3.4.0-1.11 testing

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at canonical.com
Thu Feb 13 18:28:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Andy Whitcroft <apw at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 05:17:40PM -0200, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
>> <ricardo.salveti at canonical.com> wrote:

>> > I can also confirm that this is indeed happening with 1.11. Might be
>> > an issue with 4.8, will give it a try with 4.7 to see.
>>
>> Had the same issue with 4.7, so it seems we still need to use 4.6 for
>> armhf. Looking at the original Android kernel binaries, they used 4.6
>> for armhf and 4.7 for x86.
>>
>> So guess the ideal would be to revert back the build and force 4.6 for
>> at least armhf. Should know if 4.8 is enough for x86 soon.
>
> That is a little confusing given all of the other 3.4 kernels moved to
> 4.7/8 without issue once you added the memset patches, why is this one
> any different.

Yeah, it might be missing something still. That will make it the only
kernel using 4.6.

> Anyhow let us know what you want done once you have tested the x86 side.

Also changed the i386 one to use gcc 4.7 instead, to follow the same
compiler version used by AOSP. Once we get the x86 emulator in shape,
we can try to change it to 4.8.

Follows the additional patch-set I had for grouper:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=rsalveti/ubuntu-trusty.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/goldfish

Would you mind pulling it into the official tree and uploading the
newer packages? Would need a new meta as well.

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo