linux-goldfish - 3.4.0-1.11 testing

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at canonical.com
Mon Feb 3 19:17:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I've tried  linux-goldfish - 3.4.0-1.11 from the c-k-t/ppa both using
>> kernel only with existing android images, or rebuilding goldfish
>> build.
>>
>> Both times i'm seeing crashes at boot in the kernel messages:
>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/6856884/
>>
>> I didn't see these when applying config patches and compiling with gcc
>> 4.6 without memset patches.
>>
>> Other than that the emulator does boot and work. Maybe I somehow ended
>> up with a mismatch of kernel/modules or something like that?
>
> I can also confirm that this is indeed happening with 1.11. Might be
> an issue with 4.8, will give it a try with 4.7 to see.

Had the same issue with 4.7, so it seems we still need to use 4.6 for
armhf. Looking at the original Android kernel binaries, they used 4.6
for armhf and 4.7 for x86.

So guess the ideal would be to revert back the build and force 4.6 for
at least armhf. Should know if 4.8 is enough for x86 soon.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo