APPLIED: [Trusty] Fix framebuffer hangs with VMs using cirrus gfx

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Mon Feb 3 17:09:56 UTC 2014

On 31.01.2014 11:20, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Ick.

I got the following feedback from David Herrmann:

> This should be fixed by patches #1+#2 in this series:
>   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2014-January/052584.html
>
> I hope we can get it applied this week. Just waiting for a rough
> review from airlied. As a workaround, you can always disable
> CONFIG_X86_SYSFB. There is no reason to activate it right now (until
> SimpleDRM gets merged..).

So we could either revert my patch and disable CONFIG_X86_SYSFB (was there a
special reason to enable it or just default policy?) or we wait until these two
patches end up in Linux tree and then revert mine in favour of those. I am not
sure whether they end up on a stable tree if simplefb is as "in development" as
it sounds to me.

-Stefan

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2014-January/052586.html
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2014-January/052585.html