precise kernel git repository

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Wed Aug 20 09:33:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 06:30:15PM +0100, Harshad Toke wrote:
> Hi,
>   I was trying to clone the precise kernel repository from
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git-repos/ubuntu/ubuntu-precise.git/ using the
> http protocol and that failed. Upon closer inspection the repository
> appears to be corrupt with most of the objects missing. There is also a
> file at the top level which actually is a commit message.
>   Can someone please take a look at this?

The repo appears complete at the source end and passes a git fsck.
I have attempted to clone it myself over http:// and also see essentially
random failures.  I did manage to capture it saying "Rate Limit Exceeded"
for one of my requests, so I suspect this is firewall DOS protection
getting in the way.  I will raise this with the relevant people.

-apw