Installing patched kernel alongside offical release

contact at stevespiegel.info contact at stevespiegel.info
Mon Aug 18 22:05:17 UTC 2014

Hi kernel developers!

I have a small set of patches that I apply to the latest Ubuntu LTS kernel. I'd
like to install this kernel alongside the official release from the Ubuntu kernel
team. I've looked through the kernel team's wiki and the git tree and it seems
the best way to do this is to create a new kernel flavour and then build a set
of packages for my patched kernel.

If flavours is the best way to do this, is there any documentation on how to
create a new flavour? If flavours is not the best way, what would you suggest?

-Steve