[3.13.y.z extended stable] Patch "locking/mutex: Disable optimistic spinning on some architectures" has been added to staging queue

Kamal Mostafa kamal at canonical.com
Thu Aug 7 01:55:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 14:30 -0700, Davidlohr Bueso wrote:
> Well 3.13.y.z isn't an Ubuntu kernel, its upstream, and those archs
> *are* supported.

Davidlohr's answer is correct: This is not an "Ubuntu kernel".

3.13.y.z is an "extended stable" kernel which follows the same rules as
the kernel.org official stable kernels.  It contains no Ubuntu-specific
patches, and supports the same arch's as mainline.

More details about this and the other Canonical-funded-and-hosted
"extended stable" kernel versions is available here:

> For more information about the 3.13.y.z tree, see
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

 -Kamal