Kernel 3.11 running on Ubuntu 13.04

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Tue Sep 10 09:04:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 04:26:45PM +0000, Scott Hamm wrote:
> I'm running Kernel 3.11.0-966-generic on Ubuntu 13.04 server.  I am
> receiving i2c i2c-3 sendbytes: NAK bailout. error on my machine.

Hmm this is somewhat light on details to expect anything very specific
in response.  So here are a bunch of questions instead:

1) From the version number (3.11.0-966-generic) I assume this is a
   typeo for the -996-generic kernel which would make it a drm-next
   tip kernel; can you confirm the kernel version?

2) Does this issue occur with any of the official kernels?

3) Is the error causing a failure or is this just something you are
   seeing in the logs?  Ie. are you missing some device, unable to boot
   etc?

4) what hardware are you using?

If you find this occurs with the default kernels then I would recommend
you file a bug with 'ubuntu-bug linux'.

-apw