Enabling Kerneloops in Saucy or T Series

Brian Murray brian at canonical.com
Wed Sep 4 14:43:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 10:03:04AM -0400, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In prior releases, the kerneloops daemon was enabled early in the
> development cycle to help catch serious kernel bugs.  Before release,
> kerneloops is then disabled again.

I believe the reason for disabling it before release was to prevent
flooding Launchpad with kerneloops reports once the release was out.
However, just as apport stops sending crashes to Launchpad but continues
to send them to errors.ubuntu.com we could do the same with kerneloops.

> Kerneloops has not been enabled the past couple of releases due to a
> bug[0].  However, that bug does not appear to affect Saucy.
>
> Since kerneloops seems to be working in Saucy, do we want to consider
> enabling kerneloops for the rest of the Saucy cycle or wait until the
> next cycle?

I think enabling it would be a good idea as it would allow us to sort
out any issues with the submission process and also with kerneloops
itself.

--
Brian Murray