Enabling Kerneloops in Saucy or T Series

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Wed Sep 4 15:47:32 UTC 2013

On 04.09.2013 16:03, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In prior releases, the kerneloops daemon was enabled early in the development
> cycle to help catch serious kernel bugs.  Before release, kerneloops is then
> disabled again.
>
> Kerneloops has not been enabled the past couple of releases due to a bug[0].
> However, that bug does not appear to affect Saucy.
>
> Since kerneloops seems to be working in Saucy, do we want to consider
> enabling kerneloops for the rest of the Saucy cycle or wait until the next
> cycle?

If I remember that correctly (it is just too long ago), there was something not
working and then, while talking about it on some sprint there was the desire to
take what it did but embed it into something else and avoid running a polling
deamon. I have something that could be used somewhere but we got nowhere from
there...

-Stefan