Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-09-03

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Sep 3 17:12:44 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/09/03/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 03 Sep, 2013|20130903
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 Latest bits for Calxeda Midway and LPAE support were pulled in
S/master-next.
 Work continues on making the S/master generic kernel use a concatenated
 DTB: S/master-next tip has all the necessary config changes, while
flash-kernel
 still needs some work.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
 || apw       || foundations-1305-arm64-bringup     || 2 work items ||
 || ppisati   || foundations-1305-kernel            || 1 work item  ||
 || sforshee  || pm-system-policy                   || 1 work item  ||
 || smb       || servercloud-s-virtstack            || 1 work item  ||
 ||           || servercloud-s-openstack-hypervisor || 1 work item  ||

 v3.11 final has been released upstream and we have rebased our Saucy
 tree.  The archive is however frozen for the Beta-1 release this Thurs.
 As such, Beta-1 will ship with a v3.11-rc7 based kernel.  We will upload
 our v3.11 rebased to -proposed and it will propogate to the release once
 the archive freeze has lifted.
 -----
 Important upcoming dates:
 Thurs Sep 05 - Beta 1 (~2 days away)
 Thurs Sep 19 - Final Beta Freeze (~2 weeks away)
 Thurs Sep 26 - Final Beta (~3 weeks away)
 Thurs Oct 03 - Kernel Freeze (~4 weeks away)

===  Status: CVE's ===
 == 2013-09-03 ==
 The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link:
 http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html

Raring/Quantal/Precise/Lucid  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today (Sept. 03):
   *   Lucid - Regression Testing
   * Precise - Regression Testing
   * Quantal - Regression Testing
   * Raring  - Regression Testing
 Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussion.