[PATCH 3.5 07/78] libata: make ata_eh_qc_retry() bump scmd->allowed on bogus failures
luis.henriques at canonical.com
Mon Nov 25 13:05:54 UTC 2013
188.8.131.52 -stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
From: Gwendal Grignou <gwendal at google.com>
commit f13e220161e738c2710b9904dcb3cf8bb0bcce61 upstream.
libata EH decrements scmd->retries when the command failed for reasons
unrelated to the command itself so that, for example, commands aborted
due to suspend / resume cycle don't get penalized; however,
decrementing scmd->retries isn't enough for ATA passthrough commands.
Without this fix, ATA passthrough commands are not resend to the
drive, and no error is signalled to the caller because:
- allowed retry count is 1
- ata_eh_qc_complete fill the sense data, so result is valid
- sense data is filled with untouched ATA registers.
Signed-off-by: Gwendal Grignou <gwendal at google.com>
Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <tj at kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Luis Henriques <luis.henriques at canonical.com>
drivers/ata/libata-eh.c | 6 +++---
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/ata/libata-eh.c b/drivers/ata/libata-eh.c
index 85fe5bc..1e2a1dd 100644
@@ -1287,14 +1287,14 @@ void ata_eh_qc_complete(struct ata_queued_cmd *qc)
* should be retried. To be used from EH.
* SCSI midlayer limits the number of retries to scmd->allowed.
- * scmd->retries is decremented for commands which get retried
+ * scmd->allowed is incremented for commands which get retried
* due to unrelated failures (qc->err_mask is zero).
void ata_eh_qc_retry(struct ata_queued_cmd *qc)
struct scsi_cmnd *scmd = qc->scsicmd;
- if (!qc->err_mask && scmd->retries)
+ if (!qc->err_mask)
More information about the kernel-team