Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-05-28

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue May 28 17:10:22 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/05/28/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 28 May, 2013|20130528
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 Q/master: lp1176977 ("XFS instability on armhf under load") - cherry
picked two
 more patches that address the free space fragmentation: the resulting
kernel
 passes all tests so far, i'm waiting for user feedback and one last
batch of
 tests.
 */highbank: lp1182637("cpu_offlining fails to run on ARM") - all the
highbanks kernel that
 we released so far are affected by this - basically, you can offline a
cpu but
 when you try to put it back, reinsetion fails and the only way to get
the cpu back
 is to reboot. Debugged till the point the cpu is plugged back, but it
never really
 starts and pick up the idle thread - i'll probably need to do a comparison
 between the boot environment (when the cpu are added to the system via
the same
 mechanism) and this scenario.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
 I'm still working on cleaning up our team's set of work items and
 getting monthly goals properly refelcted in the blueprints.

 Our Saucy unstable branch has been rebased to the latest v3.10-rc3
 upstream kernel.  Saucy master-next is currently at v3.9.3.  I
 anticipate we'll cut over to v3.10 around the -rc4 time frame.
 On the phablet side, we now have Ubuntu kernels in the archive for the
 Nexus 4, 7, 10, and Galaxy Nexus devices.  We also anticipate an
 AppArmor pull request next week from the security team to get the latest
 AppArmor patches into these kernels.
 Important upcoming dates:
 Thurs June 20 - Alpha 1 (opt in)

 == 2013-05-28 (7 days) ==
 Currently we have 63 CVEs on our radar, with 0 CVEs added and 0 CVEs
retired in the last week.
 See the CVE matrix for the current list:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
 Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Raring/Quantal/Precise/Lucid/Hardy  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today (May. 28):
 *   Lucid - In Prep;
 * Precise - In Prep;
 * Quantal - In Prep;
 * Raring  - In Prep;
 Current opened tracking bugs details:
 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
 Future stable cadence cycles:
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussions.