[Raring][SRU][pull-request] patches to update be2net driver

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu May 23 17:37:06 UTC 2013

On 05/23/2013 09:58 AM, Bandi,Sarveshwar wrote:
> Sorry about the slightly delayed response. Needed to get some
> clarification internally.
>
> -	Our hardware could get to customers sometime in next couple of
> months. Even adding for delays they might want to try it before 13.10
> happens. -	We have standard set of test cases that we execute before
> we submit the patches against any kernel. The test cases vary from
> sanity to some level of regression on all features from basic ping
> tests, vlan configurations, jumbo to sriov  (and more).
>
> Thanks, Sarvesh

Here is an updated pull request without the 3 patches that I considered
unnecessary. There are kernels at http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~rtg/benet
with which I'd like you to perform your regression tests. Don't forget
to install linux-image-extras* if need be.

rtg

The following changes since commit 95ab2cb153eda6a2c5f19d5e6506f40850b43cac:

  UBUNTU: SAUCE: uvcvideo: quirk PROBE_DEF for Alienware X51 OmniVision
webcam (2013-05-16 12:05:44 -0600)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-raring.git benet

for you to fetch changes up to ded3d7e9cff632e746c4c4eabeec167ed13a60ad:

  be2net: Fix to fail probe if MSI-X enable fails for a VF (2013-05-23
10:43:10 -0600)

Ajit Khaparde (4):
      be2net: Fix to use version 2 of cq_create for SkyHawk-R devices
      be2net: Fix to use 32-bit stats to report rx_drops_no_fragment
      be2net: Fix to show tx priority pause counter in ethtool -S
      be2net: Fix to receive Multicast Packets when Promiscuous mode is
enabled on certain devices

Craig Hada (1):
      be2net: enable IOMMU pass through for be2net

Gavin Shan (1):
      benet: Wait f/w POST until timeout

Ivan Vecera (2):
      be2net: remove unused variable 'sge'
      be2net: take care of __vlan_put_tag return value

Kalesh AP (2):
      be2net: Use GET_FUNCTION_CONFIG V1 cmd
      be2net: FLR must be first cmd issued to Lancer FW

Sarveshwar Bandi (1):
      be2net: Fix to show wol disabled/enabled state correctly.

Sathya Perla (4):
      be2net: fix re-loaded PF driver to re-gain control of its VFs
      be2net: update driver version to 4.6.x
      be2net: remove BUG_ON() in be_mcc_compl_is_new()
      be2net: use CSR-BAR SEMAPHORE reg for BE2/BE3

Somnath Kotur (5):
      be2net: enable interrupts in be_probe() (RoCE and other ULPs need
them)
      be2net: Use new F/W mailbox cmd to manipulate interrupts.
      be2net: Fix firmware download for Lancer
      be2net: avoid napi_disable() when it has not been enabled
      be2net: Fix to fail probe if MSI-X enable fails for a VF

Suresh Reddy (4):
      be2net: Add support for setting and getting rx flow hash options
      be2net: Renamed rx_address_mismatch_errors to rx_address_filtered
      be2net: Avoid diagnostic test in certain versions of firmware to
avoid NIC freeze.
      be2net: Fixed memory leak

Vasundhara Volam (5):
      be2net: Update copyright year
      be2net: Use TXQ_CREATE_V2 cmd
      be2net: Don't log "Out of MCCQ wrbs" error
      be2net: Avoid flashing BE3 UFI on BE3-R chip.
      be2net: Use GET_PROFILE_CONFIG V1 cmd for BE3-R

 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be.h         |   11 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_cmds.c    |  338 ++++++++++++++-------
drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_cmds.h    |  112 ++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_ethtool.c |  169 ++++++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_hw.h      |   13 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_main.c    |  383
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_roce.c    |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_roce.h    |    2 +-

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com