Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-03-19

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Mar 19 17:09:04 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/03/19/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 19 Mar, 2013|20130319
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  R/master: worked on adding support for a new arm soc.
  R/omap4: still waiting input if we can drop the omap4 dekstop image.
  R/nexus7: debugged an issue about display brightness.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw       || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-delta-review               || 3 work items ||
  ||           || foundations-r-secure-boot             || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-aarch64                 || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements || 1
work item ||
  || ogasawara || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 3 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-version-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-arm-kernel-maintenance     || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-misc                || 1 work item  ||
  || ppisati   || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  || rtg       || hardware-r-delta-review               || 1 work item  ||
  The above summarizes the remaining work items owned by individuals on
  our team for the rest of the 13.04 cycle.

  We have rebased Raring to the latest v3.8.3 upstream stable kernel and
  uploaded.  We have also started tracking the v3.9 kernel in an
  unstable-3.9 branch.  We have rebased that branch to v3.9-rc3 but not
  yet uploaded.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Raring:
    * Thurs Mar 28 - 13.04 Final Beta Freeze (~1 week)
    * Thurs Apr 04 - 13.04 Final Beta Release (~2 weeks)

  == 2013-03-19 (weekly) ==
  Currently we have 69 CVEs on our radar, with 21 CVEs added and 6 CVE
retired this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Quantal/Precise/Oneiric/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Status for the main kernels, until tiday (Feb. 26):
    *   Hardy - Nothing this cycle
    *   Lucid - In Prep; (2 commits)
    * Oneiric - In Prep; 4 upstream releases; (100 commits)
    * Precise - In Prep; 1 upstream releases; (150 commits)
    * Quantal - In Prep; 1 upstream releases; (164 commits)
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
    * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock

  Note: This is the week the last Hardy and Oneiric kernels may be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  No open discussion or questions.