Kernel - self tests

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Fri Mar 1 20:14:45 UTC 2013

On 02/28/2013 02:24 AM, Colin Ian King wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I wonder if we should be exercising the kernel "self tests" tests on a
> regular basis.  Check out tools/testing/selftests/README.txt  that
> arrived recently:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=tools/testing/selftests/README.txt;h=5e2faf9c55d31525ba539ab1f9fad6d59133fdb8;hb=80d03428597056f4e2d1aed389929ece7879dad1
>

> Colin

Looks like there are some interesting targets:

rtg at salmon:~/ubuntu/ubuntu-raring$ git grep TARGETS tools/testing/selftests
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS = breakpoints
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS += kcmp
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS += mqueue
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS += vm
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS += cpu-hotplug
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS += memory-hotplug
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile:TARGETS += efivarfs

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com