[Saucy] LP:1195483 Added To Development Kernel Priority Bug List

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Thu Jul 4 09:05:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 01:53:21PM -0400, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've added the following bug to the Development Kernel, Priority Bug List:
> LP:1195483[0].
>
>     * This is preventing Ubuntu from running on an Asus ZenBook Prime UX31A.
>     * Affects multiple users.
>
> If anyone has some free cycles, it would be great if this bug could be
> reviewed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>

> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1195483

If I am reading this right they are saying that they are getting further
with nomodeset specified.  There are two parts here I guess, once they
specify nomodeset do they get to install and if so is the real install
ok or the same (my expectation would be the same).  There are also hints
that raring is ok, so it would be good to have someone with a working
raring install try the saucy kernel (with the expectation it would need
nomodeset to work).  Then we can do a standard bisect to find the issue.

It does sounds like graphics and it does sound like the kernel.

-apw