[Kernel] Weekly Status 2013-01-30

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Jan 30 19:16:21 UTC 2013

== Weekly Status ==
Links to overall status, burn down charts, and work item tracking can be
found at the following:

 * Overall Status
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Raring

 * Burn Down Charts
  * 13.04 Month 4:
http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-raring/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-13.04-month-4.html
  * Overall:
http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-raring/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html

 * Work Item Tracking
  * https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-distro-team/+upcomingwork

=== What was done engineering wise? ===
We have rebased our Raring kernel to the latest upstream v3.8-rc5 Linux
kernel and intend on uploading soon.  We also saw the first pull request
for arm multiplatform support [1] for TI omap3/4 and Freescale imx6.  It
is still undergoing some additional review.  We also focused on
debugging some power tests for QA as well as integrating and uploading
some nexus7 kernel patches for config changes, fuel gage fixes, and
reinstating a console quite level of 2.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2013-January/025186.html

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams and release
as a whole? ===
See note above regarding arm multiplatform support.

=== Dependencies on other teams to make deliverables, blocking items,
release wide concerns? ===
This isn't release critical by any means, but I'm curious if anyone on
the release team happens to know how to go about resetting trend lines
for our burn down charts?  In particular, I'm interested in having my
teams trend line reset so that it more accurately describes our current
progress:

http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-raring/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html