[raring-meta] Update linux-crashdump dependencies

Bouchard Louis louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Wed Feb 6 14:58:07 UTC 2013

Hi Tim,

Le 06/02/2013 15:37, Tim Gardner a écrit :
> I believe you should go through the Main Inclusion Request formality for
> kdump-tools first. This gives the security team a chance to look at the
> package to make sure its not going to disclose any sensitive
> information, a particularly important action given the nature of this
> package.
>
> rtg

I was going to do just this, but was told by some core-dev that it was
not required :

> 16:25 < caribou> what is the process to get a package (kdump-tools) in main when its source package (makedumpfile) is already in main ?
> 16:26 < caribou> the MIR wiki page says that a MIR is not required for those
> 16:28 < seb128> caribou, get something in main to (build-)depends on or recommends it
> 16:28 < pitti> caribou: by and large, upload something to main which depends on it
> 16:28 < cjwatson> or get a core-dev to seed it somewhere if it should be a top-level item
> 16:29 < caribou> seb128: pitti cjwatson thanks for the tips

The MIR was already done for the source package (makedumpfile in this
context) which is apparently why another MIR was not required.

I don't mind going at it once more though.

Kind regards,

...Louis

--
Louis Bouchard