Mainline Build v3.0.62

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Tue Feb 5 10:01:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 11:51:04AM +0530, Kushagra Sharma wrote:
> hello,
> i am running amd64 on my core i5 processor.. is there any problem with
> that .. it works quite fine, but i am looking for hidden
> disadvantages( which i haven't encountered yet )

Generally if your machine has more than 1 or 2 GB of RAM you will have
a better experience with the 64bit versions.  64bit does consume more
memory for most operations, but generally performs them faster such that
as long as you are not very memory constrained you are in a better place.
Obviously this is only a rule of thumb and your own testing is about the
only way to be sure, but cirtainly for me, I am chosing to run 64bit on
similar hardware.

-apw