[raring] linux 3.8.0-3.7 uploaded (ABI bump)

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Feb 1 17:38:26 UTC 2013

On 02/01/2013 08:28 AM, Anca Emanuel wrote:
> I do not understand the ubuntu versions for the kernel:
> how is 3.8.0-3.7 related to official 3.8-rc5 ?
> there is no more info in uname -a
> or is an Debian package legacy ?

The 3.8.0-3.7 Ubuntu kernel was rebased to the v3.8-rc5 upstream
kernel.  You can determine that by reading the changelog or examining
our ubuntu-raring git repository [1].  The version symantics for the
Ubuntu kernel is also described at the following wiki.  It will
hopefully help you understand the Ubuntu kernel version scheme a little
better.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/FAQ#Kernel.2BAC8-FAQ.2BAC8-GeneralVersionMeaning.What_does_a_specific_Ubuntu_kernel_version_number_mean.3F

Thanks,
Leann

[1] git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-raring.git