[Quantal PULL REQUEST] Sound backport patches

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Sep 6 13:18:05 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 02:35 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 09/06/2012 02:16 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/diwic/ubuntu-quantal.git sound-backports
>
> David - all of these patches look like good bug fixes. Why not submit
> them via stable?

One of them are indeed submitted to stable as well, but you never know
how long that takes, and so I figured it would be good to get them in
before quantal starts going into different kinds of freezes.
For the others - they are either not strictly regressions (e g the
phantom jack patch), or slightly too big (e g "Support single 3-pin jack
without VREF"), and for a few, well, maybe they should have been sent to
stable.

> But first, you ought to actually build them first.
>
> /home/rtg/ukb/quantal/amd64/master-next/ubuntu-quantal/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c:
> In function 'alc269_fixup_inv_dmic':
> /home/rtg/ukb/quantal/amd64/master-next/ubuntu-quantal/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c:5848:3:
> error: implicit declaration of function 'alc_add_inv_dmic_mixer'

Sorry, fixed now by adding a patch that the affected patch depends on.
New tree pushed.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic